Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Apparently, I'm Growing Drugs

And what are they going to do, arrest every gardener? Puhleezz! Do they even have a clue about the long list of plants and seeds that kids are subbing for other drugs they can't get their hands on?
Article: Is salvia the next marijuana?

"Eight states have already placed restrictions on salvia, and 16 others, including Florida, are considering a ban or have previously."

"Florida state Rep. Mary Brandenburg has introduced a bill to make possession of salvia a felony punishable by up to five years in prison."

"An ounce of salvia leaves sells for around $30 on the Internet. Called nicknames like Sally-D, Magic Mint and Diviner's Sage, salvia is a hallucinogen that gives users an out-of-body sense of traveling through time and space or merging with inanimate objects. "

Our tax dollars at work. These people better do some deeper research into the long-assed list of plants and seeds that can be used as hallucinogens.
On second thought, maybe we're better off that they're pretty much clueless. Ha, and I just wanted to grow one lousy pot plant simply because I'm told I can't. Shouldn't tell a gardener they aren't allowed to grow something - ever! lol.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

I hear you. I was once questioned by the police about my Texas Star Hibiscus.

Tina said...

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom,
Yeah, I read that on your blog and (sorry) couldn't help giggling.
Crazy, isn't it? And here I thought the freaking out over morning glory and datura seed was a little weird!