I am so disappointed!
I had to remove all the pictures of my pressed flower cards because they were being stolen and used by Polyvore.
I found them here and here.
If they had just emailed me and asked to use them, I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it, but to just rip them off, use them in a collage and post them up for thousands of people to use as clip art just makes me so . . . PISSED!!
The hoops I have to jump through to get them removed aren't worth it. Check this out:
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item. You must include URLs for the material you want taken down.
- Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that Polyvore can contact you.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the notice, proving that you are a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Ok, I'm going to go plant something and cool off.