Saturday, March 06, 2010

Color Of The Year

.
Pantone's color of the year pick: Turquoise.
Ok, ick.
Accent color, yes - all over your house, yard and body?
Like I said, ick.
I would have been happier if they'd picked Oyster Gray.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the color itself. I actually adore turquoise. A pot or chair here and there in the garden to perk things up. Cool. New 'Caribbean' cookware for the kitchen. Cool. A nice delicate piece of jewelry. Also cool.
But, you know what ends up happening with this 'color of the year' thing. We'll be staring at it every time we turn a head - or a corner.
~Sigh~
Ick.

.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Amy said...

I agree. I love the color and a splash here and there is very eye catching! In fact, I have been looking for a turquoise container. Shouldn't be hard to find. :)

Tina said...

Hi, Amy,
thanks for dropping in!
Oh, I hope you do find that container - you're right, it shouldn't be too hard. lol