Monday, January 15, 2007

What A Month!

January is my 'slam' month.

2nd - Uncle's bday
8th - friend's bday (yeah, she's special - she shares with Elvis. lol)
10th - hubby's bday
11th - best friend's bday
16th - nephew's bday
16th - my bday
28th - our anniversary (23 years and I love him more now than the day I said "I will")

So many January babies!

Hubby and I don't really celebrate our birthdays or anniversary, but I made him a cake anyway, and baked a glazed ham dinner for the both of us. Was nice, but I wish someone else would cook!

I get to go to bingo twice this month. Woohoo! I love freebies! I'm not counting on winning anything, but it'll be nice to get out of the house with the intent of doing something besides buying groceries. Well, if I can manage to handle the crowd and not have an anxiety attack. But, I'm really looking forward to having some fun.

The freezing rain is making the landscape look lovely, but I still wish it would go away. The netting over the ponds looks like a huge icy spiderweb. Simply beautiful, wish I could take a pic. I'm worried about D driving in it, but he must have gotten to work ok. I hope we don't lose power! They're already reporting outages and a 30 car pileup on RT 81. Ugh! I bet the trees have a good 1/2 inch coating already.

I found this nifty weather site for the local area this morning: CNY Weather , so now I can watch live (and local) and worry about all those people that don't have a choice about driving on this mess. I usually pull up the local news site, but this one has so much more info.

And I got 10 more containers out for winter sowing, so all is well.
:)


OMG! I just noticed my buddleia...they're completely covered with ice and bent right to the ground. Ut-oh...

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: