Friday, December 22, 2006

Devastating

I knew there was something up with Twin Orchards, so I've been trying to keep up with the minutes of the New Hartford Town Board.

They approved development.
We've lost the orchard. They've already cut down the apple trees.

I feel so damn angry. They just built a new shopping center, now we need another 21 acres worth of retail/restaurants on the other side of the street?! Come on!

Twin Orchards has been a staple around here for... FOREVER!
If this is progress, they can keep it. Good Lord, this is one of the most depressed areas of the state. Like we can manage to keep more businesses in the area going? And they wonder why Mom & Pop can't keep up? Gimme a break!

Actually, I just want the damn trees back. At the rate they're wiping out any trace of vegetation, it'll be five years before I'll step out my front door and onto concrete as far as the eye can see. Do these people have any environmental clue? At all? Gimme trees, grass, flowers, something green for pete sake!

UGH!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: