Sunday, May 02, 2010

Grow Project, Post 3

.
It is the first Sunday of the month, once again, so here's my GROW project update for this month.
As I wrote in earlier posts, I've split the seeds for four separate trials.
This is how the WS'd ones are fairing so far:

Grow Project

Interesting, only 3 out of 10 germinated. I usually get better germination than that for regular nasturtiums, so I'm not sure if it's a result of not waiting long enough and the rest will eventually appear, or if that's going to be all I get. I guess we'll see.

This month's trial will be sowing some (9) in the house under lights. I'll be sowing them today.

Next month will be starting some in large pots and the rest directly in the ground. We'll see how it all goes!

.

"I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project. Thanks, to Renee's Garden for the seeds."
.

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be growing plenty of nasturtiums on the plot this year, and will be sowing the seed direct later in the month.
Happy gardening! Flighty xx

garden girl said...

they look great! mine started indoors under lights are really leggy - hopefully they'll be happier outdoors.

Tina said...

Hiya, Flighty,
thanks for popping by!
I lurrrve nasties! I'm hoping these do well for me. I wish you luck with yours going gangbusters this year!

Hey there, Garden Girl,
thanks for dropping in!
Yeah, they don't look too bad, actually. I've had a few more pop up since the post. I'm sure yours will get looking better when they can get outside in some real sun - don't we all? lol.