Friday, July 31, 2009

Redundant

Yup, it seems I'm posting about the same things constantly, but I really need to start keeping track of what's going on in the yard like I'd promised myself way back in this post. But, after this, unless it's something exceptional, I'll start keeping the posts to every other week or so.

What with the horrible weather we've had all growing season in the New England states, it seems a little mean to be posting about everything doing so well now that the heat has turned itself up here and the rain has dwindled to every other day instead of daily. Sorry.

The flowerbeds aren't looking half bad now that the plants are getting some sun. I had to prune out a lot of the flopping gloriosa daisies, but it looks a little neater now.

yard

The Hosta have exploded into bloom.

yard

The area around the lower pond isn't as full and lush as last year, but considering the weather it doesn't look half bad.

yard

I've never had cucumber plants this loaded with blooms. The cucumbers are delicious!

garden

Even though we haven't had a ripe tom yet, I'm considering the 'hay bale' experiment a smashing success.

garden

Finally, a couple shots of the veg garden (so I'll remember what was where).

garden

garden

Happy growing!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Flighty said...

It's all looking good!
Happy gardening! xx

Tina said...

Hey there, Flighty!
Yes, with better weather, it all seems to be beginning to do its thing.
Hope all is growing well for you!