Monday, February 16, 2009

The End Of Agriculture In California?

...
Wow, more doom and gloom.

Secretary of Energy Steven Chu:
"I don't think the American public has gripped in its gut what could happen," Chu told the newspaper. "We're looking at a scenario where there's no more agriculture in California.
"I don't actually see how they can keep their cities going," he added.


Last week, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told California's farmers to prepare for a third straight year of drought due to low Sierra snow levels and some of the state's top farming counties may get little or no deliveries of water.

Entire REUTERS Article:
Climate change could end California farming

Maybe instead of proselytizing, they should actually start doing something? I know, I know, how dare I suggest such a thing. Yes, I slapped my wrist for having such an outrageous thought.

...

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: