Sunday, October 07, 2007

Still Harvesting In October

Usually we're done pulling zucchini and cucumber out of the garden by mid-Septemberish (at the very latest). But, this is what we harvested this morning:



While most people are complaining about the heat lasting this long, I'm quite happy about it. No cold = no need for fuel. I know darn well that we'll get paid back for all this warmth keeping the temps of the lakes up when we end up with ridiculous amounts of lake effect snows this winter, but I'm still happy it's not cold! Besides, a nice snow cover will protect everything, right? Yeah, that's what I thought! And no...I don't need to be reminded that 10 feet is just too much. lol.

I don't think we've ever had a year when we've harvested zucchini and cukes after we've harvested pumpkins. Strange.

Today I'll be making more spaghetti sauce with a lot of the tomatoes still being produced, and maybe some zucchini bread now! The tomato plants just won't quit, and with temps not forcasted to drop too much any time soon, I may still be making sauce in November!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: