Friday, October 12, 2007

My Daughter Found A Deal

My oldest daughter knows how much I covet seeds. I know, bad, bad.

She was in a Dollar Shop at Sylvan Beach (who knew Sylvan Beach had a Dollar Shop?!) when she noticed this guy buying boxes and boxes of their leftover seed.

She kind of gasped and stared at him for a minute once she realized he took every last packet in the store. He looked up and said, "Oh, do you want some? Here." And threw a bunch in a bag for her.

.02 cents a piece! It was mostly zinnia seeds he gave up, (but who cares - I adore zinnia) but there was a packet of Roma tomato, some Okra and an Indian Mustard.

Hmmmm ... I've never had okra and no one can seem to describe to me exactly what it tastes like. Guess I'm just gonna have to try it!

We figured the guy that grabbed all of the rest of them would probably repackage them and either sell them outright or put them on ebay. Pretty good friggin' profit!

Well, I ended up with almost 50 packs of seed that didn't even cost my daughter 2 bucks! I think I taught her well.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: