Saturday, August 04, 2007

Crash - Bang!

I innocently sat on the pond bench yesterday morning gazing at the drooping, thirsty plants and whispered, "I wish it would rain."

Hmm...me and my big mouth.

Oh, it rained - did it ever - and threw in 4 bouts of ice cube sized hail to boot. Lightning hit the pond and actually killed the GFI box. I tossed and turned all night worrying about the koi, but there wasn't anything to be done about them until daylight. The pump is presently running on an extension cord until DH can run to the hardware store and get a new box (figures he'd have overtime this weekend). ~sigh~ Thankfully, all heads counted and they seem all right, though it looks like I'm getting the evil-eye occassionally, and no bent backs. At least they were all smart enough to duck the hail.

I haven't checked what leaves on the veg and flowers have been shredded, I don't have the heart to right now.

I imagine the kids will be sleeping in this morning. The storms weren't quite as bad as the tornados last year, but between the constant hail, lightning and storms (6 inches of rain) that kept training over us for 8 hours, we're all a bit exhausted. But, hey, at least it finally rained...right?

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: