Friday, February 23, 2007

Fresh New Powder and Moon Flower

Ok, enough is enough, darn it!

After two fabulous days of real sunshine and some wonderful snowpack melt - we're right back where we started. The snow is at the exact same level as just after the Nor'easter.

I despise lafe effect! I may hate and loathe snow and winter itself, but I really, really despise lake effect.

There's no reason for it. Nothing benefits from this much snow. All right, maybe snowmobilers and the water table . Well, not even the water table this year as we had record flooding (twice) last year.

What gives? This isn't funny anymore...

On an up note, I followed Kim's directions to the letter on starting the Moon Flowers she sent, and I'll be darned, but they're sprouting!

How cool is that?!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh... I never thought to start them this early, but now that you mention it I'm going to try a few and pot them up so that they're nice and big by the time they're ready to go outside! Mine were way too small last year--I barely got a bloom on them (one, to be precise) before the cold temps got them.

Tina said...

Well, with everyone saying they take so darn long to bloom, I figured I'd get one heck of a head start. Uh, now I just don't know how I'm going to keep them from overtaking the house before it's safe enough to plant them out! lol