Friday, February 09, 2007

For Those Who Enjoy Winter

If you happen to be in the area this weekend, or within driving distance, the Miller's Mills Annual Ice Harvest is happening this Sunday, February 11th.

It's a must do! I attended years ago with my parents, and even as a child was quite taken with the action of the harvest. (OK, I fell in love with the horses!)

The annual event was canceled last year due to warm weather and no ice. Not a problem this year!

Here is a link to the photo gallery: Miller's Mills Ice Harvest. (second set of photos, bottom right)

The ice is stored in a nearby shed until they use it in the summer to make ice cream for the Annual Ice Cream Social. I don't believe the date for that has been announced yet.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

Carol Michel said...

I almost stopped reading because of the title, thinking "not for me". Sounds like a nice event.