Sunday, August 01, 2010

Grow Project, post 6

And, once again, it's the first Sunday of the month. Wow, summer is flying by!

I'm sorry to say that most of the nasties all look rather pitiful.

The WS'd ones pretty much pooped out in the heat even though the pansies made it through looking ok. Hmmm....weird.

2010 GP

The ones started inside and transplanted to containers don't look too bad here and there. Still a bit small, but looking decent.

2010 GP

The one's started in the ground don't look too awful either. Although I only got 50% germination and only one has bloomed so far, these seem to be doing the best of all the methods I tried.

2010 GP

2010 GP

The nasties started in containers outside are another matter - they're very small and they haven't even begun to bloom yet. There's still time.

GP nasties

Since we still have another month and a half left to the growing season here, I won't give up on any of them yet, but honestly, they haven't performed anywhere near as well as I expected they would. Bummer.
I hope everyone else is having better luck with them than I am!

"I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project. Thanks, to Renee's Garden for the seeds."

StumbleUpon.com

6 comments:

meemsnyc said...

It's been a strange summer. Our flowers barely made it.

GardenMom said...

they seems to be slow-growing this year...not sure why...maybe cause this year I'm watching them...LOL.

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Mine look about the same, though I did winter sow mine. I'm not the best at plants who need water regularly!

Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Mine look pitiful, too. The weather has been a real pain in the butt this summer.

MrBrownThumb said...

Ok, I gasped at the first picture but was relieved when I scrolled down and saw your other pics.

Hope they start to bloom more for you.

Tina said...

meems,
I agree! Things are a bit wacked.

GardenMom,
lol, it could be!

Monica,
I'm not so sure I'm glad yours are in the same boat. It may have not been the best of years to trial these weather-wise!

Colleen,
Yours look much better than mine. I honestly don't think all these pitiful results should be blamed on the gardeners because, yes, the weather was not playing nice.

MBT,
Yeah, I've been gasping a lot myself this summer! lol. Thanks, I hope they pick up on the blooming also.