Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A History Making Day

.
I knew how watching the inauguration was going to affect me.
Honestly, I did.
Tissues were at the ready.
Yes, as expected, the tears rolled. I couldn't stop smiling.

My heart swelled with pride viewing the millions of people standing shoulder to shoulder at the National Mall, simply to be able to say they'd been there - Many commenting this is the first time in a very long time that they'd actually felt as though they were a part of something that included everyone, something wonderful, something big.

The one thing that really socked me into a blubbering ball, the one thing I will remember for the rest of my life as if I were still watching it happen live didn't even include President Obama.
It was simply Marine One (no longer designated as such) leaving the ground, leaving Washington for the last time - with George W. Bush aboard.

Congratulations President Obama. May God guide you and grant you the strength, wisdom and knowledge to lead us well.

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Flighty said...

I'm pleased for all my American friends. I also think that the world at large will be a better place. xx

Outer Banks Mom said...

Hi Tina...you left a comment on my blog about the purse straps and all I can say is OMG TY! Hahaha, I was praying someone would come along and help me out. It was a tad confusing reading it but when I did it, it worked! Great post, btw, I share your excitement. Thanks again! obxmom

Tina said...

Hiya Flighty,
Thanks! I'm so glad you're pleased.
Hopefully things will get turning soon.
:)

Hey there, Outer Banks Mom,
thanks so much for dropping by.
I'm so glad it helped you!
You'll be surprised how much the saying "necessity is the mother of invention" heeds true when it comes to sewing.
:)
Have fun with the new obsession. lol.