Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

We are blessed.
We really are.

This year I am so very, very thankful that my kids were all around the table, healthy, and have grown into caring, thoughtful individuals.

I am thankful for the person that was thoughtful and generous enough to drop us a food basket so that we could have a complete thanksgiving meal. (all brand name stuff - we haven't had anything brand name in years!)

I am thankful for the knowledge I have and the knowledge yet to come, and that we have enough of it to survive all on our own - even if the world goes to hell.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband of 25 years that I love more now than the day I said "I do".

I am thankful for the beauty I see around me daily, even when the white crap is covering most of it outside.

I am thankful that I have a roof over our heads, that I can make our own clothes, that one of us still has a job for now, that we aren't freezing yet and that we have friends (and strangers) that care.

We don't own cell phones, flat screen tv's, ipods, blackberries, video game consoles, mp3 players or even a decent car, but we are (honestly) the richest family I know.
And I am so very, very thankful for that.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Flighty said...

Lovely entry! It's good to see that you're thankful as you are.
Like you I don't own such items or have a good car but certainly don't feel poor. xx

Tina said...

Hiya, Flighty!
Seriously, sometimes I think we're so much better off not owning all those things. Well, except the car, anyway. lol.
Maybe not being at everyone's beck and call every second of the day or inside entertainment keeps us outside and happier? Granted, all these things would, without doubt, make our lives easier, but I often wonder about the aspect of making us happier.

And yes, I am very thankful for what we have as there are many who, sadly, have even less. Very discouraging in this day and age.