Monday, May 19, 2008

Limbo

What's going on -
nothing. We're stuck in some weirdo limbo.

We've had tornadoes, downpours, thunderstorms and snow flurries in the air (yes, snow) all within a few days.
My WS jugs are just sitting there doing nothing. I don't blame them. It's 37 degrees F right now and will only hover in the 40's F today.
This week is going to be total crap - cold, wind and rain. Nothing is really growing, more like biding their time. Even the cole crops have pretty much quit.
At this rate it will be July before I can get my veg hardened off enough to get them into the garden.
Nothing will get done this week . . . again.
Where the hell is May?

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

Flighty said...

I sympathise, and I thought that the weather has been bad over here! xx

this is my patch said...

I begin to panic when my list of jobs is mounting up. I still have lots to get done in the garden too. I hope the weather gives you a break and you are able to get out there, and get on, very soon. x

Flighty said...

Hello! Is all okay and are you well?
Take care! Flighty xx

Tina said...

Hey there, Flighty!
Awww, thanks for asking.
:)
Yeah, I'm well physically.
A year ago, things were pretty hard for those of us with very little means, but things are a lot worse this year over on this side of the pond. I can't even seem to find any joy in my gardens this year except for thanking God that I'll be able to put a few things in my freezer for the winter. (fingers crossed I get a good harvest and the weather doesn't go bonks again).
So, since I'm in a mindset where I can't find anything positive to post about, thought it would be best to not post at all.
Tis very depressing and scary to know that our situation is only going to get worse. I don't know how people like us are going to cope when we were barely scraping by before this mess.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and your garden. Things growing like gangbusters now, I suspect?

Flighty said...

You're welcome! I'm glad that you're well even though you, like so many there and indeed here, are having problems with life in general.
The plot is doing well despite none too good weather throughout April and May which left the ground waterlogged. It's generally agreed that it's not a good gardening year.
Take care! xx