Friday, January 25, 2008

Well, Color Me Shocked!

My poinsettia are setting seed! Unbelievable! They have the cutest little seed pods. I wonder how long I have to wait for them to mature? Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it sometimes rewards the gardener! Guess my hand pollinating experiment worked. I just can't remember whether I crossed the salmon with the white or the red. Ut-oh! Knowing me - it was both. Heh.

And I have a lavender sprout! Yay! Only one, and you want to bet something happens to it? Poor lonely little thing. I'm knocking wood and crossing my fingers. Maybe third time was the charm.

Oh, and the peacock orchids that I thought wouldn't do all that great (because I forgot to plant them last year. Yeah, I know - I already slapped my patties) are starting to poke out of the soil. So, doing pretty good.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: