Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Didn't Ask For That!

I just wanted some rain (which we got enough of to barely wet the surface of the soil), I certainly didn't ask for a tornado! Bah!

Thank goodness it never touched down. My fool husband stood out there watching. Of course, stupid me stood outside and watched the one heading for town last year (June 30) while he was busy running to the cellar with the kids from the one that actually hit us from behind. Still haven't gotten the damage from that one fully fixed, much less do we need another :(

This weather is just crazy this year. I don't think I've ever seen such extremes. Wicked snowstorms and thunder boomers, sure, but tornadoes around here used to be a phenomenon. I think I have pics from the one that hit us back in 84, since it was so rare we were all out snapping damage pics. Not so much anymore. Seems we see funnel clouds 2 or 3 times a year now.

My WS'd flowers are humming along at a very, very slow pace. I'm starting to wonder if they'll even get big enough to bloom before fall. I have had to resist the urge to water them mid-day.

We have a very tiny pepper coming! Yay! I can't wait to start cramming those in the freezer. I better not count my chickens just yet. ~crossing fingers~

Oh! And the redheaded woodpecker has build a nest in the snag on our front lawn! YES!!!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: