Saturday, September 01, 2007

Thought I Was Losing It

Yesterday, I honestly thought I was losing my one true talent in life.

That'd be finding genetic anomalies in my lawn, as in, 4 leaf clovers.

I know, I'm a freak. I can be just walking along, look down and pluck a 4 leafer from the ground. Drives people nuts, especially the family.

A few years ago, I sat on the lawn at a picnic we were having for my eldest daughters birthday, and while everyone was playing croquet, I plucked 22 in about 18 minutes.

Now, you'd think that'd be something cool, right? Ahhh, but they all already knew I could do this, so it was no big deal. Besides, the luck thing? SO not true! If finding them really was lucky, I'd have either won the lottery fifty times by now, or Donald Trump would have sent me a blank check.

I have a lot of old picture frames hanging around, so I thought I'd maybe press some flowers from the flowerbeds this year and fill the frames. You know, the old fashioned way - in books.

So, I set out across the lawn yesterday to find some 4 leaf clovers for one of the frames. Figured it'd look cool having a bunch clustered together across a white background.

Well! Do you think I could find the damn things? 45 minutes later and I'd found 2. A lousy 2!!

Ugh! Of course, I immediately blamed the hubby for mowing them all down. He absolutely hates the fact that I can find them at all, since he's never found a one. Not even when I've pointed them out to him can he find them, then if he does see it, says, "No good. It's not lucky. I didn't find it, you did!" Well, at least he admitted to mowing them all down on purpose. :)

So today I was on a mission. I was going to find the damn things if it took all day!

Well, it didn't! Yay!

In 30 minutes I found 17, 4 leaf - 4, 5 leaf - and 1, 6 leaf!

Ha! I STILL GOT IT!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: